Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm so bad at this

I am not a good journal keeper. I always want to be, and keep it up for a little while, and then lose track.

My most successful journal has been on SG, though I usually think of things I want to write when I'm nowhere near a computer.

While trolling the sale calenders looking for something to use my borders gift certificate on (I buy books from amazon folks!), I found a gorgeous 2008 daily planner that I thought would be perfect for keeping track of my knitting projects in. Which day I started, what yarn/needle I used, who it was for. Much like my ravelry project list, but portable. Then I can keep track of how long I've been working on something, how many projects I have on the needle simultaneously. I'm sure it's full of good intentions. Next December will tell how full it is of knitting.

I just recently ordered an umbrella swift and have a ball winder on back order. This is the most expensive non-yarn purchase I have made since I've started knitting and it scares me. What if I stop knitting? What will I do with that then? I'm just wary of big ticket hobby purchases.

So, what do I have on needles right now?
Quant from knitty
with birthday present yarn for myself
and
Traveler Pedicure Socks
as a Christmas present for my best friend (she'll be visiting in January)
and
Chunky Braided Scarf
to keep me busy while I Warcraft

What's waiting in the wings?
Cabled Legwarmers
for my mom for her birthday
and 2
Ice Queen
one for me and one for my mom for her birthday

No comments: