Saturday, May 31, 2008

Spinning!

While I was a the MD Sheep and Wool Festival, there was a booth with small bags of roving and a beginner's drop spindle. I caved. Then I got home and decided I'd be all thumbs and there was no way I'd be able to teach myself.

So, I whined to my Ravelry group, and guess where it got me? Spinning! A friend of one of the group members could teach me, and she was going to come to our meetup! After she taught me, she gave me some more fiber to use! She said it's tradition. I'm usually one to scoff in the face of tradition, but not this one!

I've officially spun 2 oz of roving. It's sitting on my spindle, waiting for the next lesson to see if I should ply it or keep it how it is. It's pretty in some spots and not so pretty in others, but I'm very excited. I have I think 4 oz of the same wool that came with the kit, so after I learn what to do next, I'm going to spin again.

Now that I've been shown how to do it I don't know why I freaked out so much!

1 comment:

purlewe said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow to show you how to ply!!!