Monday, January 21, 2008

Cold, Cleaning, School, So Much to Knit so Little Time

Time for a new post. It's cold here today. I don't like cold, but I have to go out and run some errands. I have books that have to go back to the library. I need to go to the grocery store and get milk. I've got TONS of clothes that I need to take to the goodwill. I'm really trying to reduce the amount of 'stuff' I have in my house. My computer room is still a beast, but I know it will come along in time.

I hate my closet. I don't like keeping my clothes in drawers, because you can't see them and mess them up looking for what you want. My closet has bulb crate shelves in it, and they are tired. Right now my clothes are in the basement because I don't want to put them away. I got some underbed storage boxes for my summer/winter clothes, and they don't fit under our bed, it's a pretty low to the floor. I was thinking about getting some of those bed riser things, I just need a few inches, but I'm afraid they won't work or will be horribly ugly.

I'm in a quandary over knitting projects right now.
I have two pairs of socks in progress (one of which I need to finish 'now' since I gave them to my dad for Christmas and just need to rework the foot so it's a little longer). I want to make my mom some legwarmers for her birthday in Feb - but for some reason, I can't start them. I don't know why my mental block is.

It's too early to start my Feb Square of the Month, so I'm not. My other birthday present for my mom is a lace cowl type thing, but I'm still waiting for my ball winder to arrive so I can wind the 400 ish yards of laceweight yarn into a ball without dying of old age before I get to the end of it.

My ravelry queue has about 140 projects on it, including a Horde symbol pillow, that I may or may not felt (but I'm waiting for the yarn to arrive, it will get here when the ball winder does). Most of those projects don't have recipients.

I want to make myself a dressy scarf and head warmer thing, but the needles I would use are the same ones I need for both the legwarmers and the cowl, and I'm saving my needle buying money to get this interchangable set.

I started my Interpersonal Communication class this past Monday, have today off for the holiday. It's going to be interesting. I'm supposed to write two papers evaluating conversations I've had with someone, and explaining what could have been done better in those conversations. I don't get it. Maybe it will make more sense after we get into more than the syllabus.

I have 5 friend requests from people that have never commented in my journal and whose journals I haven't commented in. I have no intention of accepting them (that is what bookmarks are for people), but i feel badly deleting them.

Oh, I saw Julie Loyd play at the coffee shop where I knit on Tuesday nights. I really enjoyed watching her perform. I don't see live music often and forget just how captivating it is. I am amazed how she travels all over playing her music, just herself a few speakers, her guitar and her banjo. I'm impressed by her courage. Listen to Fate Says He's Sorry, and Normal. Well, listen to them all, but I like those two a lot.

No comments: