Thursday, January 3, 2008

Knitting Calendar, Harmony Needles, and a Swift

So, I got the 2008 Knitting with Desiree Scales and friends calendar - so far, I'm intrigued. Since I'm an obsessive collector, having patterns that interest me that I'll probably never do is fine - you can just peek at my ravelry queue and figure that out. Some of them are bound to be scary though, but I'm refraining from peeking ahead.

Over the weekend I made the Instant Gratification Scarf while watching Law and Order.

I've decided that I want to make some good friends some knitted Christmas presents - for this past Christmas. The scarf is for their 10 yr old son, and I'm making them each some fingerless mitts.

I'm on the leg of the 'toe' up Traveler (pedicure) socks and the recipient's visit keeps getting pushed back. I'm bummed. I miss her like crazy and living 10 to 12 hours away from each other sucks.

In other news my swift is in the mail - I can order my ball winder on Jan 9, and my sock-sized harmony needles should be shipping any day now.


My swap partner seemed to like her gift. I had a lot of fun and want to do more, but I think I will skip the priority mail the next time.

My grandmother got the felted bowl I made her, and thought it was a hat. oops. I don't have the heart to tell her.

Why am I typing - I have knitting to do!

No comments: